How to succeed in youth basketball league:
- Remember that this league is meant to be fun, not competitive. Having fun and improving your basketball skills is more important than winning games.
- Eat right. Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but skipping any meal can harm your body and make you hungry during practice! Your body needs food to create energy to play games like basketball. Athletes must strive to maintain a healthy, balanced diet.
- Get some rest. Try to sleep at least 8 hours the night before each game so you will be mentally and physically sharp the next day!
- Be prepared. You’re already preparing by reading these tips, but don’t forget to have your gear ready before you begin. Have your uniform, socks, shoes, sunscreen, and water ready somewhere you can’t miss it!
- Stretch. Stretching is the #1 way to prevent injuries. Warm up by stretching your muscles, shooting a few practice shots, and going for an easy jog, even if it’s just around your living room.
- Get to the game early. This will ensure that traffic or sleepy siblings won’t prevent you from playing the game you love!
- Watch others play. Try watching a few NBA games on TV and see what they’re doing to help their team win.
- Get pumped! Listen to music that makes you excited to play. A few awesome songs are “We Will Rock You” by Queen, “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor, and “The Final Countdown” by Europe.
We can’t wait to see you this Saturday! If you haven’t registered yet you still can at www.ymcarc.org