The YMCA offers financial assistance to ensure Y programs are open to all regardless of their ability to pay. Donations, fundraising and legacy gifts go directly to support the financial assistance program.
$1.1 million provided in financial assistance
$2.8 million provided in community program subsidies
$3.9 million raised to support those in need
60,000+ people served in 20 cities
Applications for financial assistance will be reviewed to determine the financial need of the applicant to participate in the desired program. Those not able to pay the fee may be awarded financial assistance based on their demonstrated ability to pay and the availability of YMCA’s financial assistance.
Health & Wellness Fitness Facility Eligibility
- Applicants must work or reside within the YMCA branch service area.
- Applicant must submit supporting documentation to verify household size and income.
- The objective criteria for qualifying applicants are set forth within the Financial Assistance Policy (available by request).
- Complete the application
- Attach all supporting financial information:
- 3 most recent pay stubs for each household member who is currently employed
- Unemployment statements for each household member over 18 who is currently receiving benefits
- Child support or Alimony for each household member over 18 as applicable
- SSI or Disability Statements for each household member over 18 who is currently receiving benefits
- Submit completed form and supporting documentation to:
- Health & Wellness Fitness Facility Assistance
The YMCA is proud of its heritage and commitment to make its character-building, family enriching programs available to everyone in the communities we serve. Annually, we receive support from hundreds of members, community leaders, and businesses who believe in our purpose and contribute generously to our Annual Campaign, investing in youth and families. Funds are distributed to families with a financial need in our community.
Click here for more information on donating to the Y.
“I can’t thank the YMCA family enough for being there when [my daughter] and I needed these services the most. Your understanding and support meant the world to us. I don’t know how we could have started this new chapter in our lives without the [financial] assistance. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!”
-YMCA Child Care Parent